There is a number of career pathways available based upon completing a Certificate IV in Financial Services (Accounting) or (Bookkeeping) including:
- Being the bookkeeping services resource in a small business environment
- Becoming part of the financial services resource team in a medium size business.
- Administering payroll or accounts payable/receivable in a larger organisation.
- Becoming an assistant accountant.
- Starting your own business as a self employed contract bookkeeper, with experience registering as a BAS Agent and preparing Business Activity Statements (BAS) for a client base.
- Becoming an accounting technician within this paraprofessional tier of the accounting services chain enables the individual to achieve an educational outcome that is marketable within a comparatively short period and establish an excellent base to complete further studies to advance to a fully professional, accountant/tax agent status.