Public Practice Membership (PPM) recognizes your status as a professional bookkeeper with extensive experience and formal qualifications. PPM is recognition of not only your formal qualifications, but also your technical qualifications in BAS Agent services. It recognizes your commitment to -
- Excellence in bookkeeping services
- Ongoing development of your skills and career and industry as a whole
- Adherence to AAT Australia’s Professional and Ethical standards
- Consistency with industry laws and ethics
Why Public Practice Member?
- Consistent with the practices of professional association
- Involves a foresight in relation to the development of the para professional tier of the broader accounting profession
- Respond to special service needs of interest groups within the AAT membership
- Assist members comply with external regulatory requirements
- Advise members of AAT Australia’s ethical and professional standard
- Assist PPMs to take up PI insurance appropriate to their requirements
- Administer the legislative requirement to undertake 15 hours of CPE per annum
- Establish the PPM brand to distinguish PPMs as a preferred engagement choice
The Public Practice Member level of membership has a minimum entry requirement of:
- Must be a full Member of AAT Australia; and
- Have completed the ‘How to Become a BAS Agent’ seminar and the Public Practice Member Day.
Public Practice Members enjoy all benefits of Member level and also have a dedicated area on our website with important resources and documents.