Onboarding new employees online
The ATO has released some online forms required when a new employee commences work with an employer. The online forms included are:
- Tax File Number Declaration
- Superannuation Standard Choice
- Medicare Levy Variation Declaration
There are two options for the employee to access these online forms:
- Employee to access the forms via their own myGov Account and the connected ATO online services
Employees can log into their myGov account and select the ATO Online service to complete the forms:
- Employer’s software connecting directly with myGov – this is now open to software companies to develop the solutions.
The employee can select new employment and input the required information about the employment relationship including:
- Employment type, e.g. full time, part time or casual
- Employers default superannuation fund details including the name, USI and ABN
AAT Australia has developed a one-pager information sheet for members to provide their clients with to help guide a new employee navigate the new onboarding process in the online environment. You can access this resource here.